Photo courtesy of themakeupshow.com
As a makeup artist, the best piece of advice I can give any aspiring or established artist is to constantly continue their education. Always be open to learning new techniques, advice and tips from your fellow artists, and the newest product innovations in the field.
One of my favorite events in our industry is the annual The Makeup Show LA. The top artists in our industry come together to share insight, industry news, education, and launch new products. I enjoy listening to the keynote speakers and learning from these world renowned artists. This year I am looking forward to Troy Jensen and Mario Dedivanovic!
Also, for artists looking to put their own personal stamp on the show, there is an amazing opportunity to have your work out there. Good luck, and I will see you there! (and please say hello when you see me xoxo).
Here are the details:
This Town is our Town – A photo celebration of the iconic fashion and beauty images to come out of LA
Here is your opportunity to collaborate with your fellow artists and be a part of the Launch Event for The Makeup Show LA 2012.
Task: Create an image that represents your team’s interpretation of this year’s theme “This Town is Our Town,” which will spotlight the beauty & fashion industry of LA and showcase the iconic looks that have come to us from Hollywood’s red carpet, silver screen, and fashion.
Rules for Submission: To enter Submit your single image to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 17th, 2012. The JPEG may not be larger than 2 MB. Please include credits and bios for each member of your team including photographer, makeup artist and hair stylist, etc.
Finalists & Winners: Finalists will be contacted via email by February 24th, 2012. All finalists are responsible to mount their own image and deliver to and from the event (California Market Center). Print Dimension should be a minimum of 11” x 14.” All images from the finalists will be displayed at The Makeup Show launch event on March 16th and throughout The Makeup Show LA. They will be judged by a panel of our top industry insiders and viewed by over 4,000 industry artists and experts. The winner will be announced and featured on our blog following The Makeup Show LA.
Prizes to be awarded include:
- Publication of an original beauty photo story in On Makeup Magazine Spring 2012 Issue with Artist and Photographer included on the contributor page.
- Studio time at Smashbox Studios with on set feedback from Celebrity Makeup Artist Lori Taylor, Smashbox Professional Artist Relations Manager.
- Crystal Wright Live Freelance Advantage Power pack (1 Hair Makeup & Fashion Styling Career Guide, 2 30 Days at 100 Percent Book & CD , 1 1-Day Workshop on DVD, 2 Webinars. 1 $500 Gift Certificate off of 3-Day Portfolio Building & Marketing Workshop.
- One on One consultation and portfolio review with Artists by Timothy Priano for each team member, photographer, Makeup Artist, and Hair Stylist.
- For the Makeup Artist: Makeup Kit containing some of James Vincent’s favorite products valued at $1000.00.
- For the Hair Stylist: Hair Kit sponsored by T3.
- Announcement and Feature in The Makeup Show Newsletter and featured spot on The Makeup Show Blog.
- Complimentary admission to each member of the winning team to The Makeup Show in each city for 2012.
Shelly Taggar: Owner of The Makeup Show Brand and Vice President of Metropolitan Events.
James Vincent: Director of Education and Artist Relations for The Makeup Show, Educator and Beauty Editor for On Makeup Magazine and LoveCat Magazine.
Lori Taylor: Makeup Artists, Beauty Expert and Professional Artist Relations Manager for Smashbox Cosmetics.
Michael DeVellis: Founder/Executive Director of The Powder Group, Editor/Creative Director of On Makeup Magazine, and Vice President Professional Division for Make Up For Ever
Timothy Priano: International Agent and Founder of premier agency, Artists by Timothy Priano.
Crystal Wright: Agent, Educator and Empowerment Diva. Best selling author of The Makeup & Fashion Styling Career Guide, and 30 Days at 100 Percent.
Brandon Showers: LA based photographer and contributor to beauty magazines.
Create a look. Play with products. Experience a real photo shoot with a Smashbox photographer!
Just bring your own model to the Makeup Show LA, book a station and you will get one hour to create a look with insider input from a Smashbox PRO artists.
Sound good? Book an appointment today: email@example.com