Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images
Celebrity makeup artist, Jessica Smalls, created a beautiful face for music sensation Tatyana Ali for the NAACP Image Awards on February 1, 2013.
“Every year the NAACP Image Awards honors the accomplishments outstanding African Americans in media and this year I had the pleasure place my brushes on the stunning and super sweet Tatyana Ali. Tatyana was being nominated for 2 awards, so I had to make sure her look would be sexy, sophisticated and red carpet approved!!!”
GET THE LOOK–
EYES: (Sultry Steel Grey)
1. Prime your eyes with Urban Decay’s “Primer Potion” eye primer (this stuff is seriously crease proof) and then apply Girlactik’s eye glaze in “Night” to the lower lid, using the included wand applicator.
2. Take your fluffiest crease brush and (in a wind shield wiper motion) apply MAC’s eye shadow in “Texture” to the crease, until the edges of the grey shadow are soften.
3. Rim your eyes with your favorite black waterproof liner and using your flattest and firmest small angle brush apply Make Up For Ever’s “Black” Aqua Cream Liner to the top lash line.
4. Finish off with Ardell’s “Double up” #203 false lashes, brush up and fill in your brows. Pow!!! Your eyes are done!!!
SKIN: (Natural Matte)
1. Start by prepping your skin with Kate Somerville’s “Nourish Daily Moisturizer” to hydrate the skin.
2. Let that set in for about a minute and then apply a sheer layer of YSL’s “ Top Secret Flash Radiance” primer, for natural glow and smooth texture.
3. Using Bobbi Brown’s “stick foundation” apply a few swipes to the skin and spend about 2 minutes blending it out to a radiant and flawless finish.
4. Now dab a small amount of your favorite concealer (still using the Beauty Blender) to highlight and brighten the under eye area. Start creating that natural matte finish using a large powder brush (I suggest MAC’s #134) and gently press Black Opal’s “Deep” Deluxe Finishing Powder on the entire face.
5. Apply Covergirl’s Queen Collection in “ Ebony Bronze” along the temples, under the cheekbone (for definition) and a little across the nose.
6. The give yourself the sexiest smile you can and apply Tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12 hour blush in “Flush” along your cheekbone.
LIPS: (Berry Glazed)
1. Exfoliate your lips using Fresh’s “Sugar Lip Polish” to hydrate and soften the lips. Then line your lips with Dolce and Gabbana lipliner in Berry. Finish with Le Metier de Beaute Lip Creme In The Know Bordeaux.