Photo courtesy of Omni Hotels
It’s here. The holiday and Christmas decorations are already flooding the stores. I instantaneously get tense in my shoulders at the thought of holiday madness. Trust me, I adore the winter season, twinkly lights, and warm hot chocolates (spiked, preferably) as much as the next person, but the strain of the season always leaves me exhausted. I can’t be the only one, right?!
So, for this season, I am attending to myself with a few hours of relaxation here and there. And what is better than a spa day and massage! There are so many opportunities to find offers and specials in your area; or plan a weekend getaway, such as a mini spa day for you and your girlfriends! That is bound to relieve any mall madness or holiday shopping pressure.
Here are just some of the benefits of grabbing a few hours for yourself and escaping from the strain of the season.
- Day spas can be found anywhere from suburban shopping centers to boutique city locations.
- While some day spas are very compact with just a reception area and a couple of treatment rooms, they can be much larger with a full-complement of facilities including a swimming pool, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi, yoga studio, fully-equipped gym and a number of treatment rooms.
- Overall, the emphasis is on creating a calm, relaxing environment where you can kick back, relax, have a treatment, steam yourself crinkly and leave feeling rested and rejuvenated.
- Most day spa treatments fall into three main types – those that relax you, those that beautify you and those that do both!
- Among the most popular treatments are facials, manicures, pedicures, waxing, knot-busting Thai massage, relaxing Swedish massage. head massage, skin-nourishing body wraps and exfoliating body scrubs.
- Many day spa treatments are designed to remedy the damage a busy life can do to your skin, hair and nails, but often there are also more alternative day spa therapies on offer such as reiki, reflexology, EFT and light therapy.