“Makeup is a personality. There are no rules. Who am I to tell someone how to look?”
What do superstars Patti Labelle, Vanessa L. Williams, Halle Berry, Brandy and supermodels Tyra Banks, Veronica Webb, Iman, and Naomi Campbell all have in common? They’ve relied on the expert hand of makeup artist Sam Fine to look their most glamorous. That’s because Fine knows that the key to making up goes beyond painting a pretty face.
Tips & Tricks from Sam Fine
1. Start with a clean canvas.
2. Before applying makeup, use Clear Eyes® drops and a cooling eye cream under the eyes for about 30 minutes. This two-step approach will help to soothe the eyes, remove redness, de-puff and moisturize the area under the eye.
3. Use concealer. Concealer goes a long way whether you’re highlighting the eyes to bring them out or concealing a blemish.
4. Instead of using a pencil (which warms up with your body heat), use powder to line your eyes because it won’t smudge during the summer heat. Use a beige powder during the day to line the eye.
5. Don’t be afraid to try a bronzer because it adds a natural glow to the skin.
6. Go for mascara because it naturally plays up the eyes, but make sure to apply the mascara and then curl your lashes. If you apply mascara before curling, it will last longer.
7. Apply lip gloss because you can wear it alone or layer it over your favorite lipstick.
8. Set everything with a loose powder that you can whisk away for a seamless finish. And don’t forget the hard powder for necessary touchups.