Sometimes a smokey eye can be the hardest look to achieve, and yet it’s the look we all want for the holiday parties. There have been many smokey eye mishaps where I have found myself frustrated, and looking like I have a black eye from a sloppy (shall we say rushed?) makeup application. Dark eyeshadows are notoriously hard to apply, especially if you are crunched for time.
That is why I can stop using MAC Smoke and Mirrors Eye Shadow Set. It is beautiful, simple, and helps me achieve the sultriest smokey eyes in minutes. The reason I am gaga for this set is that it is a softer, more subtle version of a smokey eye palette. The colors are rich, yet neutral. You really can’t mess up! And during the holidays, simple and easy is all I am asking for.
- Fire in Her Eyes – frost neutral beige (Frost)
- Black Magique – black with gold pearl (Veluxe)
- Deception – frosty golden brown (Frost)
- Spell No. 9 – soft muted pink beige
- Wide-eyed Wonder – mid frosty grey taupe (Frost)
- Smoke & Mirrors – dark chocolate brown (Satin)
Makeup Artist Tip:
- For a daytime version, smoke out Spell No 9 all over the lid, and concentrate Deception in the crease.
- For a sultry nighttime look, blend Wide eyed Wonder into the crease, and smoke out Black Magique on the outer corner of the eye. For a softer version, you can layer Wide Eyed Wonder over Black Magique to soften the color.
- Remember, anytime you feel the color is too dark, you can soften and blend with the lighter shimmer. Example: Smoke & Mirrors can be softend with Deception or Spell No.9.
- You can use Smoke & Mirrors or Black Magique over your eyeliner to create a smokier version of your normal black or brown liner.