Photo courtesy of L’Oreal
Lately I have been entranced by the alluring L’Oreal commercials featuring Jennifer Lopez discussing “the story behind her skin”. I was intrigued.
True Match foundation has been talked about by professional makeup artists since its debut. Kelly Ripa’s make up artist Kristofer Buckle praises it for “its range of shades and buildable nature make it look natural on any skin tone.” Obviously, I had to try it.
I first downloaded the True Match iPhone app. This was the impressive first introduction to how well L’Oreal simplifies the matching process. The iPhone app guides you through a few questions regarding your skin tone, coloring, and hair color. The 9 questions ask such things as:
- Color of your eyes
- Hair Color
- Which color tones enhance your skintone (cool, warm, neutral)
- Do you burn or tan easily…or a little of both
Then, it gives your perfect match based on your characteristics, and answers. My match was N1, and my celebrity “match” was Claudia Schiffer (every product on the market should tell me I look like her!). The app also has a list of the locations closest to you where you can purchase your foundation. Essentially, they make it as seamless as possible.
I must acknowledge that when I purchased the foundation, I was skeptical with the color choice at first. It looked lighter than I would normally buy, but I went with their recommendation…..and was pleasantly amazed with how flawlessly the color blended into my skin. The color appears to melt into the skin, and warm up to your complexion. The wearability was equally impressive. I tested the foundation out on a day where I was working on set for 12 hours, to see how it withstood a long day under hot lights. Well, this liquid potion stood up to the test. It never caked, faded, or felt itchy on my skin.
So, here is my story: I am 50% Scottish, and 50% Italian. My L’Oreal True Match foundation is 100% N1.
Makeup Artist Tip: The foundation can be applied with a sponge, foundation brush, or my preferred method of a stippling buff brush. For a sheer look, wet the sponge before the application. The foundation leaves a soft powdered finish, so apply a finishing powder with a large powder brush in the T-Zone only.
Here are the details:
- True Match Matchmaker App allows you to find your precise True Match shade by determining your unique undertone and depth through a series of focused questions.
- Once you find your True Match shade you will be able to use the store locator feature to see which stores carry your shade as well as see who your celebrity undertone match is and get other product recommendations based on your unique shade!
- 33 Shades organized into Warm, Neutral, and Cool collections
- Ultra Pure formula contains no oils, fragrances, or pore-clogging fillers.
- Contains Vitamins A and C, wheat germ and grapefruit extract.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of L’Oreal Paris.