Photo courtesy of popsugar.com
I have heard so many fantastic things about Drew Barrymore’s performance in Grey Gardens, and last night at the 2010 Golden Globes she took home an award for it. Her speech was gracious, and she looked lovely. As always, she was bubbly, and her makeup enhanced her inner glow.
Makeup Artist Debra Ferullo gave Drew her stunning look, inspired by her vintage dress.
Debra says, “The overall look was simple and classic. Her dress was so amazing that I didn’t want the makeup to compete so I selected warm-tones for a natural, soft look.”
- First, I prepped the skin with moisturizer and then applied Dior Skinflash Primer to set the skin.
- Drew’s skin is so gorgeous that she doesn’t need a full face of foundation so I applied DiorSkin Nude Foundation on the cheeks to give her a dewy look and on select spots for natural illumination.
- Lastly, I applied COVERGIRL Simply Ageless Blush in Plush Peach with my fingers to add a healthy glow and defined cheekbones.
- The look for her eyes was a pearly, iridescent, shimmer with just a touch of color. I used COVERGIRL Smokey ShadowBlast in Bronze Fire.
- First, I applied the lighter shade to the inner corner of the eye, then the darker shade to the lid for a colorful smoky eye look.
- Use your finger to blend the cream formula for the most control.
- Drew wanted her lashes to stand out, so I curled them, then applied three coats of COVERGIRL LashBlast Length Mascara to the top lashes and one coat to the bottom lashes for definition.
- For Drew’s classic red lip look, I applied Dior Addict Lipstick in Hollywood Rose #753.