Photo Courtesy of Revlon
When someone talks about the classic makeup look, my first image goes immediately to the iconic red lip. Red lips and clean, luminous skin is one of the most elegant looks a lady can rock. Luckily, you don’t have to pull out the big bucks to be able to replicate this time-honored look. I was recently able to try out three Revlon products. What most impressed me about the products where how well they lasted, and the stunning the pigmentation.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rich Girl Red: I am loving this red. It is bright, but not overbearing and has a smooth as silk feel. Since this red is vibrant, it is the perfect statement lip look.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pomme Fatale: A perfect compliment to the red lipgloss. The color is sheer, which also makes it a great red for those hesitant to go “full on red”. Love this for summer nights.
Revlon BBCream: This is a very light, and soft BBCream, which makes it a perfect parnter to the red lip look. Remeber, the red lip is the statement, so everything else needs to be subtle and clean. The basic benefits of this bbcream are:
- Hydrates like moisturizer
- smooths like primer
- covers like foundation
- blurs like concealer
- protects with SPF 30 like sunscreen
Here are my top beauty tips to achieve the look:
- Make sure the focus stays on the lips.
- For eyes, use a simple bone and taupe eyeshadow. Finish with brown eyeliner and mascara for a classic, and clean eye.
- For precise application, apply the red lip with a lip brush.
- If you are nervous about the intensity of a red lip, than simply use the red lipgloss until you feel more comfortable with vibrant lip look.
- For blush, experiment with bronzer, or a soft peach color.
Revlon believes there is more than one way for women to be seen. Revlon’s heritage as a color authority and its suite of innovative products inspires women around the world to express themselves through beauty each and every day.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Revlon Consumer Products via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Revlon Consumer Products.