One of my favorite quotes is “If you are going through hell, keep going”. I have always been inspired by those around me who fight through the difficulties life throws at them, and find a way to grow, and find amazing triumph through tragedy.
Francesco Clark’s story exemplifies just that. This summer when I was struggling myself, I read his beautiful autobiography “Walking Papers”, and was so inspired by his strength, positivity, and indomitable spirit. His book and story are a true testament to bravery and courage of the human spirit. Since I cannot properly put his story into words, I will let his site explain it for me:
“Clark’s Botanicals was born out of tragedy when company founder Francesco Clark, who then worked at Harper’s Bazaar, suffered a crippling spinal cord injury in a swimming pool diving accident on June 1, 2002.
With his central nervous system impaired, Francesco lost the ability not only to walk, but even to sweat. This led to clogged pores and chronic breakouts. When neither over-the-counter nor prescriptive remedies worked, he turned to his father, Dr. Harold Clark, a physician trained in both traditional Western medicine and homeopathy.
Together they developed botanically-based formulas that effectively rebalanced Francesco’s skin, clearing it up entirely. Through word-of-mouth, other people discovered and fell in love with these products, and in 2005, Francesco began selling Clark’s Botanicals on his website: www.clarksbotanicals.com”
His story floored me so much, that I immediately asked to sample his products, and instantly fell in love. They are gentle, lush, and now apart of our daily bathroom routine.
Here are the details:
• Even as the collection grows into a full-fledged skincare system, rebalancing skin remains its overarching objective.
• Jasmine Absolute, a precious essential oil that naturally rebalances skin.
• Derived from nocturnally-blooming flowers, this extract is also antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and immuno-stimulating.
• It works to calm and heal a broad spectrum of skin types, from young to mature, oily to dry, and normal to sensitive.
The Skin Clearing Face and Body Wash:
• This algae-enriched exfoliating body wash rids skin of dead surface cells and debris.
• refines and minimizes the appearance of large pores.
• It contains salicylic acid and is ideal for all skin types.
• The refreshing formula is especially designed for problem skin.
Smoothing Marine Cream:
• Gently exfoliates and leaves the skin intensely moisturized.
• Glycolic Acid and Algae Extracts soften the appearance of fine lines.
• Jasmine Absolute helps soothe and nourish stressed-out skin.