Photo courtesy of realstylenetwork.com
“Usually when designing the look for a big event, I seek inspiration in multiple areas but seeing as this is the MET ball all of the inspiration came from the dress! Her Prada dress is a true work of art and reminded me of a modern day glamorous gladiator so I wanted her eyes to look fierce!”–Georgie Misdeal, Celebrity Makeup Artist
– I started by prepping Carey’s skin with Chanel’s Sublimage La Creme texture supreme, its the perfect cream to hydrate the skin for makeup.
– I used Vita Lumiere Aqua Foundation all over to even out her skin tone and give a flawless finish.
– A light dust of translucent powder by Chanel was used to take the edge off the shine.
– On Carey’s cheeks I used Joues Contraste powder blush in Fandango on the apples of her cheeks blended back to give her definition and a soft glow.
– Carey’s eyes were my main focus.
– I used Chanel’s eyeshadow Noir all over her eye lid blended ever so slightly up above the natural crease of her eye.
– Pulling it out to the sides of her eyes to give her a sharper and more dramatic edge then layered Chanel’s Inimitable mascara in Noir finished of her eyes.
– I wanted to Carey’s eyebrows to be strong and structured so used Chanel’s Crayon Sourcils eyebrow pencil in Brun to create this effect.
– I used Chanel’s rouge coco lip stick in beige feline. The perfect Matte lipstick to Finish off her MET Ball look.