Photo courtesy of celebuzz.com
Cameron Diaz was a luminous presence at Tuesday’s UK premiere of What To Expect When You’re Expecting. Makeup artist Emma Lovell used Hourglass Cosmetics to create her leading lady look with a focus on dramatic eyes, plum lips and radiant skin.
“The makeup was designed to complement Cameron’s cream Stella McCartney jumpsuit, her choppy blonde bob and her dramatic earrings. I wanted a cute feline eye to be the main attraction, keeping the lips pretty and fresh with a plum stain.”
– Emma primed the skin using Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum, which infuses the complexion with 28 beneficial ingredients as it prepares it for makeup. “I love it because it makes the skin lovely and smooth,” she says.
– She then followed with Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation in Sand to ensure an exquisitely matte complexion.
– She also dabbed Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener under the eyes.
– Emma applied Hourglass Illume Crème-To-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset.
– First she applied the bronze shade to contour underneath the cheekbones and then followed with the blush shade on the apples of the cheeks. “I like to use my fingers to seamlessly blend them,” she says.
– She finished the cheeks off with a hint of luminizer.
– Emma started by filling in the brows with MAC Eye Brow Pencil in Fling.
– She then used Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy, applying the shell shimmer shade on the lid and the deep copper shimmer shade in the socket line and along the lash line.
– She followed with Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner in Ebony. “I started with a very a thin line at the inner corner of the eye and made it thicker as I went along, kicking it out for a subtle kitten eye.
– After the liquid liner, I went back along the line with the deep copper shadow to soften it—it’s not so retro that way.”
– After applying Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara on the lashes, she applied a full set of fake lashes.
– Emma used Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Nocturnal, a plum berry shade, and applied it with her fingertips to create a stain effect.
– She finished with a coat of Rodial Glam Balm. “Cameron took the lipstick with her for touchups during the night,” she says.