Personally, I think this was one of the best Oscars for beauty. The makeup was clean, elegant, and understated. I just adored the class of this years show! Olay’s Celebrity Makeup Artist, Bruce Grayson, chimed in and names the top 3 beauty trends seen at last night’s 85th Academy Awards and gives tips on how to emulate the look:
· WOW! Eyes: “Classic Hollywood eyes are created by incorporating just the right amount of drama and finishing off with a strong lash. I like to prep lashes with the new Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Serum and Lash Duo, because the serum works to instantly thicken and nourish, while separating the lashes for easy mascara application, laying the base for ultra-sexy eyes.”
• To create a bold smoky eye, I suggest creating a dark glossy eyelid in blue or gray to create depth, and finish with a few swipes of lash-enhancing mascara. And don’t forget your brows! Create highly defined, dense brows to accentuate your eyes.
• Celebs who has an eye moment: Jennifer Lawrence, Amanda Seyfried
· Luminous Skin: “Glowing, flawless skin was seen on virtually every woman at last night’s Oscars. Skin prep is essential to create this look (deep cleansing, exfoliation and moisturization is the key to ensure a fabulous complexion). I always recommend Olay’s Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution as a tool for creating smooth skin.”
• I recommend mixing a highlighter with foundation to create a subtle overall glow – or for a more pronounced shimmer, use the highlighter as a final step on the cheeks, nose and along the brow bones
• Celebs who rocked luminous skin: Reese Witherspoon, Charlize Theron
• Celebs who wore bold lips: Jessica Chastain, Oliva Munn