Last night at the MET Gala, actress Ashley Green looked like a modern day goddess. Her hairstyist, the great Ted Gibson, created her look for the night and explained his inspiration by explaining “I always think the hair should go with the dress and this look was modern, young, chic and simple with her Donna Karen dress.”
Here are his steps and products below:
- Ted started using Hair Sheet Styling all over Ashley’s damp hair to give it volume and shine.
- He then used a flat brush and separated the hair into sections.
- Ted used a flatiron to create waves in the sections.
- He created a deep side part and twisted the hair onto itself for an updated chignon.
- He finished the look with Beautiful Hold Hairspray
For her makeup, Celebrity makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen shared his makeup tricks for creating Ashley’s stunning look.
Here are his detailed tips using MARK Cosmetics!
”I prepped Ashley’s skin by applying mark For Goodness Face Antioxidant Skin Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 all over her face to create a nice, clean canvas.”
- Using the mark Eye Shadow Brush, I applied mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Whisper all over her eyelids as a base.
- I then added mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Tiki all over the lids and into the creases using the mark Angled Contour Brush.
- Next, using the mark Eyeliner Brush, I added mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Tiki to the outer three-quarters of the lower lash lines.
- To really highlight Ashley’s eyes, I added mark Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes All Over Face Palette to the center of her eye lids.
- Next, to define her eyes, I used mark No Place To Run Longwear Eyeliner in Foxy Brown by pushing the liner into her lash lines from the inside corners, out, going a little heavier on the outside corners.
- I also smudged mark No Place To Run Longwear Eyeliner in Foxy Brown to her inside lower lashes.
- Next, using the mark Eyeliner Brush, I layered mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Picadilly on top of the eyeliner on her lash lines, smudging it for a deep plum look.
- To create additional brightness in Ashley’s eyes, I applied mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Glitterati to the inner corners of her eyes.
- I Finished Ashley’s eyes by applying mark Make It Big Mascara in Raven.
- I applied the mascara by wiggling the wand back and forth at the base of lash to deposit color at the lash roots.
- Then, I painted the length of the lashes to get a wispy finish with more color at the base.
- I then wiped the brush off before applying the color to her under eye lashes so it would be very light – this mascara technique gives a glam, young starlet look.
- After finishing Ashley’s eyes, to even out her skin, I applied mark Face Xpert Flawless Touch Makeup all over her face using the mark Foundation Brush to blend the color.
- I applied her makeup in this order so I could clean up her face and make sure it was perfect.
- The clean-up effect helps add precision to the eye makeup application process.
- Next I applied mark Good Riddance Hook Up Concealer in Light/Medium under her eyes and around her nose with the mark Concealer Brush.
- To set Ashley’s skin, I used the mark Powder Brush to apply mark Matte-Nificent Oil-Absorbing Powder in Buff/Natural over the foundation.”
- To add definition and contouring to Ashley’s face, I used mark Bronze Pro Bronzing Powder all over her cheeks and across her nose as soft flush of color.
- To add warmth and glow, I used mark Good Glowing Custom Pick Powder Blush in After Glo – to apply, I had Ashley smile so I could see where her cheeks round, and then, using the mark Angled Contour Brush, I applied the color starting from the temple and working my way forward to her smiling cheek.
- Working from back to front creates a fade of color with stronger pigment in back and lighter in front, helping to create the warmth and glow.”
“To finish the look, for Ashley’s lips, I used mark Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Malt, topped with mark Glow Baby Glow Hook Up Lip Gloss in Smooches.”