Not only was I a huge fan of the book (an absolute must read), but the cast of the upcoming movie is stellar. I am convinced the movie will live up to warmth, humor, and honesty of the book. The magnificent Ms. Streep plays Julia Child, and my favorite redhead Amy Adams plays Julie Powell. As a fan of the book, and the author (a fellow blogger), I was relieved to know that Amy Adams would be lending her charm to this role. In a sea of blonde actresses she has stood out with her femininity, versatility, and acting chops.
CoverGirl celebrity makeup artist Molly R. Stern was kind enough to share how she created the monochromatic peachy glow for Amy Adams for the premiere. This look is perfect for a soft and sultry summertime look.
“Amy wore a gorgeous full-length Carolina Herrera gown with a charcoal and white pattern speckled with gold beading. So I borrowed from that exquisite color palettee, we went for a steel and copper smokey lid, gorgeous full lashes, a peachy cheek, and a golden amber lip.”
- Cheeks: To give the cheeks a warm glow, Stern used CoverGirl’s new Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Plush Peach.
- Eyes: To create a base, Stern combined Shu Uemura’s Cream Eye Shadow in P Taupe ($30) with Vincent Longo’s Liquid Shadow in Silky Orange ($24).
- Next, she used both shades of Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Brumes ($32), and applied on top of the base.
- Then, she smudged CoverGirl’s new Exact Eyelights Eyeliner in Radiant Sapphire on the outer corner of the lower lash line.
- For some shimmer, she dabbed Shu Uemura Pressed Eye Shadow in ME gold 350 ($20) on the inner V.