Awards season kicked off last night, and the Golden Globes did not disappoint! The glamour, sequins and Moët were in full effect… as was major beauty inspiration from some of our favorite stars.
We had a difficult time choosing our favorite makeup looks, but these women were the undeniable show stoppers:
Golden Globes winner, Claire Foy's blue eyes are piercing with a sweep of rose gold eyeshadow and a posh English accent to boot! Getty Images
Kristen Bell is classic and glamorous with her luminous natural skin, statement bedroom eyes and plunging low cut sequins gown. Getty/Frazer Harrison
Natalie Portman channeling the regal Jackie O. with her perfectly quaffed half-up half-down hair. Getty/Steve Granitz
Stargazing at Golden Globes winner Emma Stone. Fresh, natural, porcelain and stunning. Getty/Frazer Harrison
Ruth Negga plays it cool in a silver sequins frock, her lilac eyeshadow is offset perfectly with a pinky nude lip. Getty/Frazer Harrison
Our national treasure Meryl Streep was honored with the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award and gave a heartfelt compelling speech about the arts and equality. For what it is, choosing favorite beauty looks is not egalitarian. Until we become more high-minded, here are our 3 standout looks of the night:
Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
Lily Collins, Makeup by Fiona Stiles
This porcelain princess’s old Hollywood look coalesced together with the crown braided updo, bold red lip and rose eyeshadow to offset her hazel eyes in a way that very few can. You can recreate the beauty look by using the following products:
- Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation 090 Ivoire (N)
- Even these coveted eyebrows needs some fine tuning. Fill in the arches of the brows ever so slightly using the Fiona Stiles Beauty Micro-Precision Brow Pencil in Neutral Brown.
- To create shape but still maintain a light and airy look, use Lancôme Le Lipstick in Natural Mauve with an oil-free rosy pink powder blush dusted over it to create a wash of color on the eyes.
- Under the brows, use a light pink shadow to blend the colors.
- Use jet-black mascara to give the perfect flirty lash. Skip the bottom lashes to keep the look fresh.
- Complete this look with the Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in Souvenir lip color and dust a touch of loose powder to matte finish.
Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
Naomi Harris, Makeup by Mario Dedivanovic, who came to fame as the go-to makeup artist for reality TV’s first family.
Here is how you can create the look using CHANEL products:
- Prime the skin with CHANEL Blue Serum
- To get Naomie’s beautifully flawless caramel skin, apply Le Teint Ultra Tenue Ultrawear Flawless Foundation & Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour SPF 15 in N°70
- Dust the cheeks with Exclusive Creation Coco Codes Blush Harmony
- Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in Noir Petrole
- Limited Edition Quadra Eyeshadow in Codes Subtils
- Quadra Eyeshadow in Codes Élégants
- Crayon de Colour Jumbo Longwear Lip Crayon in Nude
- Crayon de Colour Jumbo Longwear Lip Crayon in Rose Clair
Emily Ratajkowski, Makeup by Hung Vanngo
Emily’s olive skin was perfectly contoured and luminous. Ladies, if you’re going to contour, this is how it’s done! Oh, and those bee stung lips…Here’s how you can create the look using CHANEL products:
- Le Teint Ultra Tenue (70 Beige)
- Eclat Lumiere (Light-Medium)
- Poudre Universelle (30 Naturel)
- Crayon Sourcils (40 Brun Cendre)
- Crayon Yeux Waterproof (932 Mat Taupe)
- Convoitise Illusion D’Ombre
- Codes Élégants Palette
- Codes Subtils Palette
- Le Volume De Chanel Mascara
- Elegance Powder Blush
- Soleil Tan De Chanel
- Infiniment Chanel Highlighter
- Le Crayon Levres (34 Natural)
- Sari Dore Rouge Coco Lipstick
What were your favorite looks from last night? Tell us in the comments below.